SnapOn MT2500 Scanner Printing Question

We have a SnapOn MT2500 Scanner at the shop. We recently bought a printer cable for it. (it converts from a 6-pin RJ-45 type cable to a standard parallel printer cable).

My questions are.....

1) Is this scanner only capable of printing while it's connected to the vehicle AND connected to a PC terminal at the same time?? We tried printing the DTC's and engine data from a vehicle today and it didn't work. We pressed "N" to exit from the data screen and selected the "Print Screen" option, but when we got to the computer in the shop that has a printer, the scanner either timed out or the instant we plugged in the cable we'd get the "Loss of communication from Vehicle" message. Like the scanner got disconnected from the veh.. Which it was in order to physically bring the scanner to where our PC is... So my guess is that the scanner DOES have to be connecected to the pc and the vehicle at the same time....

2) Is there any special software and/or drivers needed to print with this scanner??

Thanks in advance!!

Nick

Reply to
Skeechmaster