Snow Tires 85' K5

1985 305CUI NP208 TH700R4 162,000,000,000,000 miles
I have 4 matched (w0w) Peerless Force 4 ATs They suck balls in all but perfect conditions. They are useless in the
rain, snow, sleet, mud, etc.
Who makes a good snow tire that might get some bite in the mud?
-The Lonely Grease Monkey 1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor
"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson
On 5 Jan 2004 12:06:51 -0800, pde_on snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lonely G-Monkey) wrote:

BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A k/o. I love mine, AWESOME in the snow and do respectably in the mud ( a TSL Bogger they're not).
-Bret
(Lonely

I'll second that, I have a set of A/T K/O's on mine (LT235/75/15) and love em' in the snow. Pretty quiet for an aggressive tread tire and have GREAT wear (I already have over 30k on mine and they hardly look used).
Doc

DITTO!!! BFG A/T KO!!!
(Lonely

the
(Lonely

love
GREAT
I'll fifth that motion..... the front ones on my beast have been there since '98....yes, it's time to replace them (so that the match the rear ones), but they'll still pass inspection... ;-)
Jeremy

(Lonely

in
and
WTF
I sixth the motion.
Excellent tires.

I'd go for BFG mudders. Good in snow. good in mud, good in dirt, good on rock. Fairly good on asphalst. Bad on ice.
All terrains are medium in most things.

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 22:54:24 -0700, "Renegade Knight"

I'd disagree.... BFG AT's are far superior to the mud terrains in winter driving conditions.... mud terrains lack the tread edges and siping to perform well.
-Bret