Snowplowing

Anyone plow snow with an S10/Sonoma pickup? Am thinking of buying one to plow a small condo complex with narrow streets and drives. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Fred

Reply to
fredbarga246

The s10 pickup wouldnt be a good choice if you planned on doing a straight plow, if you used a Jimmy or Blazer you might have better luck making small piles, but I would suggest putting a blade on the front that will throw the snow towards one side or the other..

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Wait a minute, you're thinking of buying a Dakota over in the Dodge group. Are you going to buy a Ranger over in the Ford group??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

That made absolutely no since.

Reply to
Adam Frazier

The OP has posted the same question in several groups, just changing the make and model to fit the group.

Reply to
Steve W.

Oh I C kinda a spam thing then.

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Reply to
fredbarga246

1989 s10 4.3 automatic tranny, I have been plowing snow with this truck Since 1995... Driveways, Commercial parking lots.

I Bought the S10 NEW with 8 miles on the Speedo ( 1988)

it DOESNOT have any oil coolers on it.

Same engine ( 225,000 miles ) original Tranny ( Tranny oil has never Been Changed )

The Body has rusted out, and I am Now in the process of Rebilding the BODY, So Far , A RUST FREE BODY ( 1992) has been installed and REWIRED . RUST FREE Fenders installed. ( 1987)

I am going to paint these Tomorrow..

Monday I will install the RUST FREE LONG BOX)

So far I Have $250.00 in the project! ( I havenot bought the paint yet )

The plow is one I MADE, in 1995 I was working at a welding Shop, I Measure out a western plow and used those measurements to Make a Downsized Version For the S-10. I have plowed snowfalls in Excess of 10 inches.

Reply to
no one

Reply to
Adam Frazier