spare parts recommendation

I travel the deserts and back roads a lot, and am frequently 100 miles from the nearest parts store. I'd like recommendations on what spare parts to
carry for a 2000 chev 7.4l rig.
thanks, tom pettit
snipped-for-privacy@peak.org wrote:

I carry a second battery isolated and jumper cables so I can jump start myself is one goes dead. When I put in the isolator I made sure to make the wiring able to be returned to stock if it should fail for some reason. repair manual, assortment of fuses and crimp wiring connectors. Spare fan belt, spare radiator hoses, spare u joints, spare wheel bearings (mine is a 2wd, pre-runner type). Spare spark plugs and wires (replace my originals early before they fail so I put the old ones in a bag as a spare). Tire plug kit and small are compressor. pipe to extend the lug wrench as well as my wrench roll and tool bag.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070700050606090506020006 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Carry your good tools, not some discount kit in a plastic tray. When you have a problem in the boonies is not the time to have crappy tools. And the manual, like Eugene said. Carry a can of wheel bearing grease if yo carry wheel bearings and U-joints, they won't last long if you don't grease them, or fill them full of grease and put in ziplock before loading them. Add to your list a tube of blue silicon gasket maker goo, electrical tape, duct tape. Also thimbles and clamps to repair winch cable if you use a winch.

--------------070700050606090506020006 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------070700050606090506020006--
Robert Ball wrote:

I did just that, thick freezer bag, stuffed it full of grease then stuck the bearings inside. I also carry one of the mini grease guns and an assortment of grease fittings.