Spark Knock

I have a 1990 Chevy Silverado and it has 230,000 miles on the motor, it started having areal bad spark knock. I did a complete tune-up and changed the timing chain and gears qand it's still there. Now I'm
installing a new crankshaft and all new bearings. Anything elese that could cause the knock? The camshaft looks ok.
Robert
Add pictures here
✖

The first thing I would have done before any of what you did would have been to check the knock sensor on the lower passenger side engine block and see that the wire and connector is intact and then checking the sensor itself.
Add pictures here
✖

I have a 1990 but it only has 89,000 and I had a problem with spark knock it tuned out to be a bad EGR Valve.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 5, 7:06 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:

Hey Big Fish,
I had a similar problem with my 1991 Chevy Silverado and I subscribed to ALLDATAdiy.com and it has been very useful. I am handy and like to do things myself and this subscription gives me diagnosis, repair, TBSs, recalls and labor times.
Check it out - I copied the link below for you.
http://traffic.alldatadiy.com/cgi-bin/redir?pd_link=i1-a44690-o4010-c66365 Andy Deil
Add pictures here
✖
Hey thanks for the information, now what was wrong with your truck?
Big FIsh
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:44:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:

Uh, notice how in 3 posts, he had three different trucks with 3 different problems and Alldata fixed 'em all? It's a magic bullet, I tell ya. -- Old Crow '82 FLTC(P)'Pearl' '87 FLTC '?' '95 Wrangler YJ BS#132, TOMKAT, SENS, SLOB#13
Add pictures here
✖
(BIG FISH

Yea...and the turkey sent the same BS about the drain plug on his 98 k1500 directly to my email account.
That "traffic." web URL must give him a kickback.
Add pictures here
✖
He emailed me also, but he is just wasting his time.
Add pictures here
✖