Spark plug torque ?

Hi All, I have a 01-GMC 1500 4X4 5.3 ltr. and I'm planning to change the plugs on. Can anyone post the spark plug torque value in ft' lbe for me? Also if anti
seize is used does one subtract from the reading? thanks in advance !! Dean

GM's dealer SI quotes 11 ft lbs of torque. Seems a bit low though.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com
I personally torque them at 20 foot lbs. and absolutely apply anitseize compound. And don't forget to apply dielectric grease to the wire boots b4 installing them on the plugs.
James

This is not a bad idea if for no other reason than to help prevent the boots from becoming stuck on plugs with time. Any silicone grease will work well for this. In a pinch you can even use silicone spray. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com