spark plugs & wires

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on good spark plugs or wires to use when I get my 98 z71 tuned up. I am thinking about the double platinum plugs if anyone has any comments on them or other recommendations. I have
no idea about the new wires, but I know I want to just replace both at the same time.
Dave

I have always had excellent service from Bosch. I don't think it is worth the extra money to buy premium Bosch either. Just plain old Bosch platinums. I used to have a Toyota 4x4 and it would eat ngk plugs in 10,000 miles. I got 50,000 out of my first set of Bosch.

use
Put the same thing in it that came out of it: AC Delco Platinum plugs. Most mechanics will agree that Bosch plugs are garbage, wit hthe double and +4 platinums being a huge waste of money.
Per way of wires, any set of 8mm or 8.5mm wires will be fine.
Doc

good wires: Accel 8.8
good plugs: I like the Champion Copper Plus. IMHO, if you pay over $2 a plug for domestic engines you're getting rooked.

use
Nology makes a damn fine "silver-tip" plug and their wires are top shelf as well. I use MSD 8.5mm Pro wires with less than 50ohms per foot and NGK non-resistor copper+ plugs. It all depends on how much money you wanna spend to get the ultimate performance edge. I was taught to use the overkill theory when building the ignition system and i have sacrificed the convenience of having a "quiet" electrical system in the process. Steel plugs are the absolute worst conductor there is, silver is the best and copper is a close second. -- Mad Dog

use
A great way to get the metal wire noise out of your stereo:
Get a noise choke for the positive wire, the higher the amperage. the better. You can't hurt it by using a higher amperage than required, it's using a lower amperage choke than required that kills things.
Secondly, don't put the stereo, amp or any other audio related grounds to the body metal. Instead, from the battery cable, use a tap within six inches of the battery clamp to prevent acid contamination. Run a ten gauge wire into the vehicle, and attach all the grounds to that.
The capacitance action of the battery will take the spark pop out of the electrical system. In fact, if you have a 12volt normally hot wire on your stereo, do the same as with the ground, but to the battery positive cable.
No more noise.
Refinish King
PS Do not use ground isolators! They suck as much as the person that invented them!

have
the
thanx 4 the hot tip RK, I don't have a stereo in the truck yet.......just a CB that i notice a lot of static buildup when i un-key the mic. that wasn't there b4 i built the motor so i assume it is because of the MSD 6AL, 50 ohm wires and non-resistor plugs. i will eventually install a sound system so i can listen to George Strait songs while drinking Rum and OJ down by the river. BTW i'm wanting to paint this beast now and i can't decide on a Zebra pattern or Dairy Cow pattern since the truck is White i could simply tape it off and shoot the black. this truck is wild and very fast so i think the Dairy Cow theme would be cool then i would paint the name on the truck as "Got Milk ?" -- Not till the Cows come home......

platinum
How about ghost flames with pearl mixed in the first coat of clear:
Then two more coats of clear for U-V protection for the pearl?
Refinish King

wires
at
A good site about plugs http://www.se-r.net/engine/platinum_copper_ngk.html -- Mad Dog