speedometer odometer calibration '92 s100 blazer

I finally got the truck running right and put larger tires on it.

245/70R16 . My question is, now that I have these tires on it I know that the speedometer is off by a few miles an hour, not to mention the odometer, the anti lock brakes, shift points? etc. Should I be taking it in to a transmission shop for calibration, or is one of those $80.00 little gizmos that I see advertized a viable alternative? I'm going to be driving from New Jersey to Florida this summer and I have enough problems without having to pay speeding fines while out of my home state.

Thanks in Advance,

N.M.W.B.A.o.O.

Reply to
No Mail Will Be Answered or Op

You will need to modify your DRAC. Here is a link that will help.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

i can't imagine your spedo is off that much. i put 285/75/16 on mine and the spedo was off MAYBE 1.5 MPH. vato zone has started running parking lot diagnostics and they may be able to remedy that issue but again, i don't think its anything to worry about. have someone pace you to see if making any adjustments is worth the investment.

Reply to
The Legend