squeaky wiper arm?

i have a 98 chevy k-1500 , reg. cab....driver side wiper arm squeaks....is it the motor or just a squeaky arm and how would you fix something like that?

Reply to
OAK477

a wiper related problem but not squaking.

Sometimes my wipers work and sometimes they don't.

I drive a 93 silverado and when I push the mist button or actaully turn the wipers on it sounds like the motor engages but nothing moves. Not even fluid comes out.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Michael McNeil

RE/

Have you replaced the wiper board yet?

Reply to
(Pete Cresswell)

There was a recall, don't know if yours is included.

A much friendlier course of action would be to start your own thread, rather than hijack someone elses. H

Reply to
Hairy

If it is the arm, you can lubricate the hinge point and spring. If it's the blade, put some alcohol on a cotton swab and scrub it. Then spray some silicone lube on another swab and work it into the rubber. Or just replace it. Also make sure the glass is free of tree sap or overspray. H

Reply to
Hairy

all that is fine.

If it was a problem with you c>

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Was told that yesterday that they were prone to going. Phoned a dealer this morning and the board itself is $60 or $212 for the whole assembly or $50 for the whole thing from a junkyard.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

All 'what' is fine? What are you replying to?

squeaks....is

Reply to
Hairy

RE/

I took mine out, eyeballed it for bad joints, resoldered, and replaced.

Worked for some months, then failed again. At that time, I replaced it with a new one. I've heard it's something about the board material that makes it too flexy...which does in the solder joints over time.

Reply to
(Pete Cresswell)

this.....

Reply to