squeaky wiper arm?

i have a 98 chevy k-1500 , reg. cab....driver side wiper arm squeaks....is it the motor or just a squeaky arm and how would you fix something like that?

a wiper related problem but not squaking.
Sometimes my wipers work and sometimes they don't.
I drive a 93 silverado and when I push the mist button or actaully turn the wipers on it sounds like the motor engages but nothing moves. Not even fluid comes out.
Any ideas?

RE/

Have you replaced the wiper board yet?
--
PeteCresswell

Was told that yesterday that they were prone to going. Phoned a dealer this morning and the board itself is $60 or $212 for the whole assembly or $50 for the whole thing from a junkyard.

RE/

I took mine out, eyeballed it for bad joints, resoldered, and replaced.
Worked for some months, then failed again. At that time, I replaced it with a new one. I've heard it's something about the board material that makes it too flexy...which does in the solder joints over time.
--
PeteCresswell

There was a recall, don't know if yours is included.
http://www.newagtalk.com/_disc14/000012c6.htm
A much friendlier course of action would be to start your own thread, rather than hijack someone elses. H

If it is the arm, you can lubricate the hinge point and spring. If it's the blade, put some alcohol on a cotton swab and scrub it. Then spray some silicone lube on another swab and work it into the rubber. Or just replace it. Also make sure the glass is free of tree sap or overspray. H
all that is fine.
If it was a problem with you concerning me "hijacking" this thread it didn't stop you from posting in it and allowing it to follow through....

squeaks....is
overspray.
this.....