squealing noise from rear end drivers side?

I have a 2002 suburban that has a horrible squealing noise coming from the rear driver's side (from what I can tell) It reminds me of needing brake pads replaced except for it stops when I use the brakes and it usually only squeals when I'm turning. It's been happening for about a week now and the noise is getting worse. Anyone have any ideas what it is?

Reply to
KristenC

Brake pads is my first guess. You may have a sticky caliper that is causing a glazed pad to drag a bit and when you apply brakes it changes contact pressure. As for going around corners, the rotor will flex a bit and distort/change contact area of pad on rotor and change noise.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

You're right...it needs brakes. Wait a week or two and it'll squeal all the time.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow