starting problems

Hello. I have a 96 s-10 that is giving me some problems. I was driving it home and the headlight and cruise control stopped working. I thought that
I had blown a fuse, but a little while later the truck died. I haven't been able to start it since. It will crank but not start. Any ideas? I changed the alternator thinking that was the problem, but nothing. I had the plugs and wires replaced about 4 months ago, with a/c delco platnium, so they should be good. Thanks for any ideas.
starting problems Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, May 21, 2005, 8:48pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (palbria) Hello. I have a 96 s-10 that is giving me some problems. I was driving it home and the headlight and cruise control stopped working. I thought that I had blown a fuse, but a little while later the truck died. I haven't been able to start it since. It will crank but not start. Any ideas? I changed the alternator thinking that was the problem, but nothing. I had the plugs and wires replaced about 4 months ago, with a/c delco platnium, so they should be good. Thanks for any ideas.
Do you have any codes ? If you can get the codes at least there will be a place to start.... Sounds like you may have a short somewhere.. S Cook
The problem is that I just moved and do not know anyone down here. Home I knew people with code scanners and that would have been my first choise. My first thought was that there was a short because of the was a clicking noise right before the lights went out like there was a circuit breaker flipping. I wasn't sure because of driving though rain at the time, but I was pretty sure I heard it. I am going to try to put a new headlight switch in the truck tonight. It is only $15 so it is a good place to start. I had the headlights in my truck converted to brighter headlights, and the garage that did it put in too high of power headlights and it was flipping the circuit breaker all the time. I replaced them, but maybe the circuit breaker is just worn out.
Would this keep the truck from starting though? I can see it shutting off the headlights, but it will not start at all. This is a little strange to me.
Top Post!!!!!! But you said it cranks but dont start?
Re: starting problems Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, May 24, 2005, 2:05pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (palbria) The problem is that I just moved and do not know anyone down here. Home I knew people with code scanners and that would have been my first choise. My first thought was that there was a short because of the was a clicking noise right before the lights went out like there was a circuit breaker flipping. I wasn't sure because of driving though rain at the time, but I was pretty sure I heard it. I am going to try to put a new headlight switch in the truck tonight. It is only $15 so it is a good place to start. I had the headlights in my truck converted to brighter headlights, and the garage that did it put in too high of power headlights and it was flipping the circuit breaker all the time. I replaced them, but maybe the circuit breaker is just worn out. Would this keep the truck from starting though? I can see it shutting off the headlights, but it will not start at all. This is a little strange to me.