Steering box replacement

How much will it cost to have a steering box replaced in my 85 Chevy S10....... approx. New York City

How many hours labor should this job take?

I had some front end work done but the Firestone mechanic said my steering box was loose when he tried to align the tires.

Reply to
don

I'd say two hours for the Remove and replace. Out here I can get the box rebuilt for $170 if I bring it in myself. The crooked places will quote $400 if they "do the work" of exchanging it.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher