Steering Wheel Removal

Need to remove the steering wheel from my 2000 K2500. Anyone know how? I have taken out the instrument panel and the two halves of the plastice cover over the shift lever and turn signal lever. Have loosened the back plastice cover from the wheel but don't see how to remove the driver side air bag. While I'm at it I will explain my reason for wanting to remove the wheel. This sounds really wierd but my turn signal flasher has started to make the typical signal clicking sound without the turn signal lever being in a turning position. Even though the flasher is clicking the lights are not flashing. Other than this unexplained sound the turn signals function perfectly normal. Move the lever the lights flash, the flasher clicks, and the lever cancels after making a turn. This problem started recently and was intermitant. It has now become constant. I suspect either the flasher or the turn signal lever switch. No I haven't tried the easy thing of replacing the flasher first. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Snowdrifter52

YOu need a steering wheel puller. You can get one at Sears (craftsman) or any of the tool trucks (MAC, Snap-On) and others.

It best not to screw-around with any of the active air bags, those th>Need to remove the steering wheel from my 2000 K2500. Anyone know how? I

Reply to
Elbert Clarke

Reply to
Tom Berry