Sticky 1st gear

Hello all, I found an 89 Chevy 2500 4x4, I beleive it has a 700 tranny (I havent looked yet to make sure), however just recently 1st gear has been a bear.. From a take off 1st has started shifting at 30mph. 2nd at
45-50 and so on. The shifts after 1st are smooth and easy, its 1st thats the problem. I checked the fluid level and vaccuum lines and everything is good there. Like I said this problem started suddenly. Any thoughts, help or advice?? All is appreciated..
Adjust the kickdown cable or what they may call the throtle cable
Check my reply to One-shot-scot above. It may give you some clues. Try dumping the computer codes.