Stock Battery 2002 Silverado 5.3L

Just had to replace the battery and the truck is only ~ 2 years old the "stock" battery was only rated 600 CCA. Even Autozone recomended min 650 CCA and I went with the 800 CCA . Now what's wrong with this picture.

Reply to
GCSC, Inc

You got a bad battery, my 99' K1500 still has the original Delco battery. It starts fine but I'm getting a little concerned by it's age and think that I should replace it soon. My truck is kept in a garage and that does help contribute to the life. Even in minus zero weather it cranks over fine. At least it did last year.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

You did much better than I. Replaced the battery on day two on a 2001.

As far as the factory using the 600, it's just a way of saving them a few cents. Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

You probably still have another 5 years in yer batt.

GMC Gremlin AC Delco die-hard fan.

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

One of two things; You went to the zone to buy a battery? You aren't aware of the 6 year warranty on the AC Delco, including free road-side jumping....

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Even on an OEM battery?

I also have a 99 5.3L 4x4 that has the original battery. The little green "eye" is as bright as when I bought the truck new. Just curious as what the "average" life is for one of these batteries?

Reply to
RHinNC

My family lives in southern NH, ya know -10 in the winter during a snap, and

95 during the summer... bout 10 years is the average for us.

The OEM battery is a chevy battery, is an AC Delco battery. AC Delco is OE for GM, it's good shit and you should choose it when you get the chance for the most part. Awesome spark plugs, batteries, alternators....

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin