Stop the Beeping

        The last time I rented a (GM) car, as I was checking the car back in, the rental attendant punched in a series of button
pushes and shut off the beeper that sounds when the key is left in the ignition and the door is open.
Anyone know of such a code to shut off the same beeper in my '02 Silverado so I can listen to the stereo when parked with the doors open???