Strange Electrical Problem

My 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer has developed a very strange electrical problem. When I open the door, the radio shuts off..when I open the door again, the radio turns back on with all the settings (clock, channels) reset. Also, the
rear hatch release button and the 2 dome lights do not work. All of these problems started at the same time. I replaced the door switch and the 2 dome bulbs to no avail. All the fuses are intact. My local mechanic is clueless. Any ideas out there?

the
dome
clueless.
Shorting across the wires between the door/dome light wires and the radio/rear hatch wires
just my guess
rhys
check for a loose ground, having no ground does some wierd things sometimes, i was installing a cd player the other day and forgot to hook up the ground to it, when i would turn on my headlights the cd player would turn on with the key on off....

problem.
the
these
Someone snuck up and rewired the radio so it blast noise when doors open. A cheap alarm.

From the age of the vehicle you might consider the how many of times the door opened and closed. I would guess considerable. With all that opening and closing things may loosen up over time. Now with the freedom to move around it could create the opportunity where wires could develop bare wire spots from the insulation rubbing away against something.
Depending on the wire's function, it could lower the voltage to radio and other areas to stop their normal operation when it comes into contact with something it shouldn't.
Inspect the wiring harness to see if it reveals anything like that.
fuses are intact, but you do have a blown fuse or your loosing ground. check the cig. lighter? or maybe something like a penney in the lighter assy. hope this helps you..

the
dome
clueless.
Spiderman wrote:

I'd almost bet you're losing ground. In modern vehicles, the fact that you're screwed to metal doesn't always mean you have electrical ground.
--
"Look, we have exhausted virtually all our diplomatic effort to get the Iraqis
to comply with their own agreements and with international law. Given that,