strange tail light problems

hi everyone,
I have a 1989 chevrolet k 1500 4x4 truck. Had some work done on the box recently (it was removed) and when i got it back my tail lights
havent been working properly. I have both running lights, when i hit the brakes, the driver side light works but the reverse lights come on (only 1 of them), the other side has no brake light at all. When i put it in reverse, no reverse lights work at all lol. I checked the wiring underneath. everything appears to be wired up (none loose or anyhting) and the ground appears to be ok. any ideas what the hell is causing this to happen??
Box... Does that equal BED?

Look for loose or bad grounds in the rear lamp circuits.

News==----http://www.pronews.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

Sounds like my problem could be a combination of both. I was thinking of completely re-wiring my harness (cutting off old wiring and replacing it with new) to rule out the possibility of a bad ground or exposed wire. If i'm still having problems then I'm guessing maybe my tail light circuits could be bad?
-M