Stroker

I've got a '92 GMC with 96,000 mi. I like the truck, and would like to keep it for many years to come. I would however like to have more umph. Has anyone put a stroker in their truck, and wadda ya think of
it?
I haven't built mine yet but almost every guy I know has some sort or stroked engine. From a Ford (302->347) and turbo charged, a chev (350->383) n/a, ford (351w->409) supercharged, and mine will be a BBC (427->525).
No matter what else you do to the engine, a longer stroke will produce more torque. I imagine you've got a 350? so stroking to 383 is not a difficult process. I know a few guys with 383's they produce good power if they're built right with good parts (ie forged) not cast steel.

On 13 Dec 2003 15:42:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Dave) wrote:

I built a 334 Chevy for my last truck and it was awsome. Lots of power and still useable in the winter months. All that and regular gas too. -- Regards Gordie