stuck CD on a Silverado

Vehicle is a 2004 2500 HD Silverado. It has a standard cd /radio player. There is a CD stuck in it and it will not eject. If you push the button to eject the radio makes strong clicking noise likes its trying to push it out but nothing happens. You can still play the CD and the radio like there is nothing wrong. Any ideas before I pull the radio out? TIA GM

Reply to
GM

Sounds like the CD slid past the internal stop. That can happen if you hit a bump at the wrong time. You MAY be able to get it out from the front if you reach in with a thin item (I use a modified hacksaw blade) with a small amount of sticky stuff (I use some stuff i picked up at an office supply place. It's a non-marking substitute for thumb tacks)to grab the CD and slip it out. To provide some light in there I have a LED light with a light tube made from Lexan.

Reply to
Steve W.