stumble and die at idle....

90 Blazer, full size, 350, stumbles and dies at idle or when put in gear at idle.

Have checked vacuum lines and replaced EGR valve and EGR solenoid, still having problems. Motor runs fine once you get going. Im left scratching my head. Any ideas?

I was thinking...maybe...fuel filter? ...but it runs great at speed....

Reply to
Shelldigger

Oh, just put new plugs/wires/capand rotor not two months ago....

stopped up converter?

Reply to
Shelldigger

Oh, just put new plugs/wires/capand rotor not two months ago....

stopped up converter?

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

Now why didnt I think of that? Pulled the IAC, it was carboned up pretty good. Cleaned it up put it back in, big improvement. Still has issues occaisionally, will pull the TB and clean it up real good this weekend.

Thanks Shep!

sage

News=3D=3D----

#1 Newsgroup Service in the World! =>100,000 Newsgroups

Reply to
Shelldigger

essage

t News=3D=3D----

Newsgroup Service in the World!= >100,000 Newsgroups> > ---=3D - Total Privacy via Encryption =3D---- Hide quoted text ->

Ok, finally installed a new IAC valve. Cleaned up the TB as much as I could. Guess what...still stumbles and dies at idle. It will idle ok for a bit, then struggle some, and idle ok for a bit, then struggle some, and so on and so on till it just dies. Doesnt matter if its in gear or neutral. Doesnt matter if Im applying brake either was thinking maybe the brake was robbing vacuum/ possibly indicating a loss of vacuum somewhere...doesnt matter. Same scenario. Have replaced the EGR valve/EGR solenoid, now the IAC, has a virtually new set of wires and cap/rotor/ even tried a fuel supplement just in case I had crappy gas. Truck still runs great at speed, even when pulling a load...but its irritating as hell trying to back a boat in the water or stop at a stop sign etc.

Whats left to look at?

Reply to
Shelldigger

Is the A/C turned on by any chance?

** Posted from
**
Reply to
SBlackfoot

spring broke in fuel pressure regulator BObby

Reply to
bobby swift