Stupid foot thing

Now and then I drive a Chevy Tahoe, and my right boot constantly kicks the hood release lever as I exit the vehicle. Now and then a boot lace will get caught on the lever. Golly, what a stupid design. Of feet, I mean. (Well, of course feet are not designed: I was being funny.)

Does anyone else's shoe(s) strike the stupid lever? Some times I kick the hood open. Argh.

Reply to
Desertphile

What year?

Reply to
syoung

1997. Unless you mean my foot; that was made in 1960.
Reply to
Desertphile

That is a stupid foot thing. You really need to have a conversation with it.

What if you cover the bottom of the lever with Duct tape?

I have never caught my lever on my 97, or 98 with my size 10 boot. Mine is flush with the inside panel, is yours protruding out any?

Reply to
bilz2765

It protrudes a goodly amount. I don't see how to recess it. Maybe if I smack it with a hammer.....

Reply to
Desertphile

The foot or the lever?

Reply to
Commentator

The conversation leads me to think both.

Reply to
syoung

Mine is flush with the side. It is at the rounded part, just at the door opening. Maybe someone had it off for some reason, and didn't put it back properly. Anyway you can post a picture?

Reply to
bilz2765

Of the foot, some leg, and the lever? Please?

Reply to
Big Red Truck