Stupid foot thing

Now and then I drive a Chevy Tahoe, and my right boot constantly kicks the hood release lever as I exit the vehicle. Now and then a boot lace will get caught on the lever. Golly, what a stupid
design. Of feet, I mean. (Well, of course feet are not designed: I was being funny.)
Does anyone else's shoe(s) strike the stupid lever? Some times I kick the hood open. Argh.
--
http://desertphile.org
On 7/14/2010 2:22 PM, Desertphile wrote:

1997. Unless you mean my foot; that was made in 1960.
--
http://desertphile.org
On 7/16/2010 4:47 PM, Desertphile wrote:

What if you cover the bottom of the lever with Duct tape?
I have never caught my lever on my 97, or 98 with my size 10 boot. Mine is flush with the inside panel, is yours protruding out any?

It protrudes a goodly amount. I don't see how to recess it. Maybe if I smack it with a hammer.....
--
http://desertphile.org
Desertphile wrote:

The foot or the lever?
On 7/18/2010 9:00 PM, Commentator wrote:

Mine is flush with the side. It is at the rounded part, just at the door opening. Maybe someone had it off for some reason, and didn't put it back properly. Anyway you can post a picture?