Suburban brakes

I just bought a 95 Suburban 4WD and have a couple of questions about the brakes.
1. How long do they usually last between repairs--road use only.
2. Does the pedal usually feel soft and spongy?
3. Any other things, brake or other, that I should watch out for with this vehicle?
delete the DELETE to reply

I get around 20k miles from a set of pads.

Mines always been soft and spongy. The only way to stop a Suburban fast is to put a locomotive in front of it.

On a quiet night, you can hear a Suburban break whilst parked in the driveway.
VLJ
How about brake sensitivity to lockup/ABS in wet road conditions? Respectfully Rolf
sez:

Like maybe the anti-lock brakes are more semi-locking brakes? I haven't tried the ABS, but under regular conditions, it seems to stop ok for a heavy vehicle, it just feels like stepping into a bucket of jello.

When was the last time you had the system flushed? I flush mine every few years, theres moisture and dirt buildup from normal operation. Usually they feel stiffer after its flushed. GM recomends the two man method. 1 pint at each wheel, bleed starting backright to frontleft. 1 - 2 Qts for a good system flush/bleed. You might want to clean the self adjusters and adjust the rears too.
Cheers martin

Heres a troubleshooting page on your condition. http://www.mpbrakes.com/trouble9.htm
Hope this helps Marcel