Suburban starting/electrical problem

'98 Suburban has intermitant starting problems. 3 times over the last month it will not start. Battery, starter, altinator all seem to be ok. Sounds like it's not getting fuel. My mechanic had it and found
the fuel pump relay needed to be replaced. I was releived @ the $60 bill instead of the possible $500+ for fuel pump, but the problem has occured 2X's since. I bought a fuel pump relay because it was ify starting, but changing that has no effect.
Is it possibly an electrical problem?
Over the past several months I have lost the ability to use the electric door locks from inside the car (the remote control lock/unlock
still works), the horn stopped working (relay?), the rear, passanger side window will go down w/ the driver's control, but won't go back up,
the A/C blower fuse/relay keeps poppin', etc.
Should I take this truck back to my mechanic or find an electrical place to look it over?
Thanks,
jl
I had a problem last summer while traveling where the blower and the compressor stopped on the air conditioning and the speedometer died. Replaced the fuse three times and each time, it happened quicker than the last. Found the problem to be the wire running to the compressor clutch (on top of the engine) had rubbed against a sharp bracket edge, cutting through the insulation, and shorted out (a ten cent fix). Check the wiring.
Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Apr 5, 2006, 3:22pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@us.ibm.com '98 Suburban has intermitant starting problems. 3 times over the last month it will not start. Battery, starter, altinator all seem to be ok. Sounds like it's not getting fuel. My mechanic had it and found the fuel pump relay needed to be replaced. I was releived @ the $60 bill instead of the possible $500+ for fuel pump, but the problem has occured 2X's since. I bought a fuel pump relay because it was ify starting, but changing that has no effect. Is it possibly an electrical problem? Over the past several months I have lost the ability to use the electric door locks from inside the car (the remote control lock/unlock still works), the horn stopped working (relay?), the rear, passanger side window will go down w/ the driver's control, but won't go back up, the A/C blower fuse/relay keeps poppin', etc. Should I take this truck back to my mechanic or find an electrical place to look it over? Thanks, jl Reply
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, when you're up to your butt in alligators, it's hard to remember that the intial objective was to drain the swamp." ~ Unknown ~
find an electrical place to look it over. Can-be a kicked or fried fuse-box.[lightning?] They have-to check all the grounds/first.