success - thanks for helping me

Hi everybody,
some time ago I asked for help about the knocking problem in my Trailblazer '02. Thanks to 'Doc' and all the others I succeeded in getting an extended
warranty for the motor from Chevrolet Europe, valid 7 years or 160.000kms. Let me thank you warmheartedly for all your help. Once again, if you know about the problem, managers can't fool you so easily. Keep up your good work. One more question: does the thing with the broken piston sleeve happen often? What I mean is, are all the engines within that VIN-range affected or just a few? I often travel to Eastern Europe countries and there are no Chevrolet dealers available.
Andreas
A.Muewi wrote:

So far, as I mentioned, we've only seen one failure in our shop. I've heard that other shops have had to do 2-3 each so far. So they do fail, but I believe that in our neck of the woods, approx 2000 Trailblazers were sold in that VIN-range. So we certainly aren't seeing "all" of them fail. Still, I'd be wary.
Glad you got the extended warranty.
Ian