Suggest a wax...

Time to do the paintjob a favor and give it a good coat of wax.!1 I need some suggestions guys and gals. Name me a wax with all the ease of application and lasting power.

Reply to
In ten more years

Need to know what the condition of the paint is. That has a lot to do with what wax you use.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Meguire's makes whatever you need. I will occasionally use the multi-step Mother's system as well.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

Sorry about that...Vechicle is a 203 Silverado and paint is excellent.

Reply to
In ten more years

In that case I would suggest the new Turtle wax Ultra Glass liquid wax. It really gives a deep shine and hangs in there a long time. At least I like them.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Nufinish

Reply to
High Sierra

I've been using the Meguiar's Deep Crystal carnuba wax. That water runs off the truck like it's scared. It beads up REAL small, then runs right down the body. This is step 3 of the 3-step Deep Crystal system, but it could be used alone I suppose. Leaves a nice shine on the truck.

Reply to
Mike Levy

I've used that as well and it does a great job. For about 2 weeks then it's gone. I'm still looking for another brand that will last longer. I'm going to use up what I have.

Any suggestions?

Lannie

Reply to
LS

Seemed to last pretty good all summer for me last year.

Reply to
Mike Levy

My 2 cents I've tried them all, Megs, Mothers, Liquid glass, etc. For a show car or your garaged baby they are great but for the vehicle that's outside and is the daily driver the only "wax" that holds up for me is NuFinish. A couple coats in the fall will hang in 'till spring and it stands up to the salt the best IMO. It's the only wax I've found to hold up to snowmobile season with the salt and repeated blastings of the power washer car wash. The others have better shine but no longevity. LOL sounds like a male product ad..........

Reply to
Repairman

Reply to
High Sierra

Yep..... NuFinish. Technology beats that high-falutin rub until your arm drops off fancy stuff costing far more than NuFinish.

Sadly, the best wax ever is no longer sold. Westley's, the Bleche-White (sp?) folks had a wax in a blue bottle a few years back. I used it on a Honda car. Waxed once every 2 years and it still looked like new when the car was 15 years old (minus the rock chip here and there and the door ding over there). The stuff filled in the chips and rust never formed.

Guess that's why they quit selling it. One bottle lasted for years!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Obbop