Sunroof leak

My '85 K5 Blazer has an aftermarket sun roof that sometimes leaks. Doesn't really like when moving, but only when parked and at certain slopes unless it is raining extremely hard. Have talked to several folks on this and they have no clues. Even the glass shops can not do anything. Does anyone here have any recommendations? Thanks.

Reply to
Mark G.

Mark G.

Who made the sun roof? Where does it leak? Is there evident rust? Get on the roof, I bet there is a water puddle somewheres Silicone sealant can do wunders...............................

Reply to
KJ

and that is why after-market companies are getting out of the sun roof installation business. Nothing beats a factory installed sunroof.

Good Luck Bill

Reply to
Bill

Bill cogeco.net>" and that is why after-market companies are getting out of the sun roof

Nothing beats a pre-1973 Full Sized Blazer's Sun Roof.

Reply to
KJ

Most all oem sunroofs have drain tubes that run from the sunroof somewhere down to the sides of the vehicle. On oem sunroof's, these sometimes plug up. Do you see anything similar?

Reply to
Markeau

. . . . cadman snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Mark=A0G.)

My '85 K5 Blazer has an aftermarket sun roof that sometimes leaks. Doesn't really like when moving, but only when parked and at certain slopes unless it is raining extremely hard. Have talked to several folks on this and they have no clues. Even the glass shops can not do anything. Does anyone here have any recommendations? Thanks.

Don't know the manufacturer is and there is no rust up there. No place for a puddle either. Seems every sunroof I have ever had has leaked at some point some. Thought about silicone, but wanted to see what else there was as far as options? Thanks. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Give a description of how it's installed.

Rubber seal???

Metal Frame w/screws???

marshmonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

cadman snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Mark G.)

My '85 K5 Blazer has an aftermarket sun roof that sometimes leaks. Doesn't really like when moving, but only when parked and at certain slopes unless it is raining extremely hard. Have talked to several folks on this and they have no clues. Even the glass shops can not do anything. Does anyone here have any recommendations? Thanks.

Don't know the manufacturer is and there is no rust up there. No place for a puddle either. Seems every sunroof I have ever had has leaked at some point some. Thought about silicone, but wanted to see what else there was as far as options? Thanks. ==================

Give a description of how it's installed.

Rubber seal???

Metal Frame w/screws???

marshmonster ~:~

Reply to
Mark G.

this is a symptom of a typical aftermarket sunroof :( pull the headliner and COMPLETELY SEAL the unit as best you can....top and bottom. thats about the only thing you can do.

Hamilton Audio