Surging in the transmition.

My 92 Full Size blazer, 350v8 700r4 4x4 is surging when i push the breaks it stops. I read in a magazine today that someone was having the same problem and fixed it by adjusting the brakelight sensor ( i
believe ) has anyone had the same problem and solution. If that could be the problem how do i adjust or replace the blake light sensor. thank you for your help ahead of time.