Surging when trying to drive Chevy 94' Blazer, 4 door.

My boyfriend has a 94' Chevy Blazer, 4 door. His truck surges while he is trying to drive it. He was told that if he replaced the fuel fliter it would
make it stop. While in the process of replacing the fuel filter he realized he had a hole in his gas tank. So he also put a new gas tank on as well. His truck is still surging while he is driving it and we can't seem to figure out why. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Check fuel pressure??

-