suspension lift question

i have a 87 gmc 4x4 1/2 t. i want to put a 6 inch suspension lift on it, however im not exactly sure what i need and dont need. i see that the prices for these kits range from 350.00 to 1200 dollars, i do know that
the more the kit is the more you get. i dont want to buy what i dont need. any advice
Skyjacker all leaf lift, 35-37" tires, longer driveshafts, longer brake lines and vent hoses, 4.56-5.13 gears(depending on w or w/o OD), limited slip(min) or locker in the rear, lowered SHD aftermarket front sway bar, HD aftermarket rotors, Hi Perf pads, rear disk conversion...a few other odds and ends...but this is all my recommendation.

I just finished installing the 4" kit i got from Rough country, front springs/rear blocks/shocks/u-bolts/steering arm.... I had no intention of using the rear blocks because i got the shackle-flip kit from O.R.D. (very nice)...... The shackle flip converts the rear suspension from rebound damping to compression damping while giving me 4" lift by lowering the rear of the spring perch 8". $185.oo for the shackle flip and $290.oo for the front springs and steering arm. Threw the shocks and blocks in the trash after ordering a set of Edelbrock IAS units with the remote reservoir. the shackle flip set the pinion angle just about perfect for the rear CV shaft but the front axle has to shimmed for correct pinion angle. If you decide to go with the shackle flip you will need a cutting torch to blow the heads off the rivets and to remove anything else that may be in your way....exhaust hanger, reese hitch support... A angle grinder to grind the rivets flush with the frame so you punch them out with a drift and hammer and a 7/16 bit to slightly enlarge the holes in the frame so the bolts fit. Don't forget the BEER. The pictures on my web page don't do the truck justice as i have to update the pics, but it now sports a different cam (bigger) A Proform 750 cfm racing carb, 1" tapered carb spacer and a NOS direct port Sportsman Fogger nitrous injection kit (1 fogger nozzle per cylinder adjustable 50-250hp). And the added lift (more than i thought it would have) from the front springs and flipped shackles. Do it like u wanna friend....but have a goal b4 u begin. Project Scottsdale has carried on for 7 years and still isn't done but it's getting closer.
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10

$500.oo as/is in Ocklawaha,Fl It needs a lot of work Shades, it was the Blood Donor the K10
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10

I've got a Fabtech 6" and it's been great.
No problem Shades.......
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10