Suspension Noise

Besides the torsion bar mounts and the shocks (They have been replaced.), what else can make noise in a front end? I replaced one ball joint that had shattered its housing and was "squeaking". The others have un-ruptured grease bladders. Could they be making noise from wear? I plan to replace them soon. What should I look for in the steering?

Thanks, John

89 S10 Blazer 4.3L 4x4
Reply to
John Manner

Mike Levy

Sway bar is A-ok, solid bushings on both sides. Whenever I hit a tiny bump it sounds like a light tapping somewhere. I still suspect the ball joints, but I don't know for sure.

Reply to
John Manner

loose shock mounts, or control arm bushings.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

brake pads/caliper

Reply to
worker

I had the cradles replaced on both sides of the crossmember on the tail shaft of the transmission. This was found during and inspection, put a pry bar under the yoke to see if the bolt and the rubber seat are separated. I looked for the clanking noise for year with no luck, the mechanic doing the inspection noticed it right off. KenL (~$200) they had to torch the opening around the right side torsion bar to lift the mount out, drives side was easy.

replaced.),

Reply to
KL