Suspension Problem

I just bought a new 2003 chevy silverado ext. cab shortbed. I was driving on the interstate and the road changed to concrete. Speed was 70 mph. The truck started bouncing very hard and high. So hard and high that I had a hard time keeping control of the truck. I immediately slowed down and and it still bounced hard and high. I can't take it to the dealer until Mon.. I'm by no means a mechanic. Can anyone give me a clue as to what could be wrong? Thanks.

Reply to
Okie

Check your tire air pressure? Maybe over inflated for your current load.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Reply to
Okie

I was driving on the interstate and the road changed to concrete.

(Never seen that happen before...Just be glad it didnt change to water..)

Speed was 70 mph.

(WE HAVE A RISK TAKER HERE!!!!!!!!)

The truck started bouncing very hard and high. So hard and high that I had a hard time keeping control of the truck.

(and then)

I immediately slowed down and and it still bounced hard and high. I can't take it to the dealer until Mon.

(Most are closed on sunday)

I'm by no means a mechanic

(At least your honest)

Can anyone give me a clue as to what could be wrong? Thanks.

Here is my thoughts....Its was very late at night...You just left the bar ...You were very drunk to begin with and didnt see that guy put something in your last drink....Then on the way home. You sobered up to find you were not only not in your truck..But on a giant GrassHopper.....That obducted you and tried to take you back to the alien ship...

OR.....You could have just been driving on a really bumpy road.....My question. Does it do it all the time or did it just that once?

Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Okie,

Sounds like you blew out a shock or two or three or four.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Okie

I just bought a new 2003 chevy silverado ext. cab shortbed. I was driving on the interstate and the road changed to concrete. Speed was 70 mph. The truck started bouncing very hard and high. So hard and high that I had a hard time keeping control of the truck. I immediately slowed down and and it still bounced hard and high. I can't take it to the dealer until Mon.. I'm by no means a mechanic. Can anyone give me a clue as to what could be wrong? Thanks. Okie, ========= snipped-for-privacy@noway.com (Doc) writes....

Sounds like you blew out a shock or two or three or four.

Doc ===========

that was my first thought.

marshmonster .

Reply to
Marsh Monster

"Marsh Monster" wrote

And, pray tell, what was your second thought?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Leaf spring fluid low?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

another, albiet remote, possibility is that the belts in a tire broke. I had a bonneville that that 2 year old tires but very little miles on them and one day while driving as i passed 30 mph I got a terrible front end shake/hop/shimmy. It did everything but go normally under 30 it was OK. When I took it to the shop they checked the tires and discovered that the belts in teh font tired both broke. It was funny they saw the tires and said "these tires are new, take them back where you got them and get new ones, these were faulty." I tild them i got them at their shop which they denied since they didn't sell that brand, I showed the the receipt from the glove box. The tires were 2 years old but only ad less that 10% wear, i got new rubber for about $20 total. They actually called the tire comany out to chack out the tires since it was such an odd occurance.

Reply to
joe

. . . .

"Marsh Monster" wrote..... that was my first thought. . marsh

And, pray tell, what was your second thought? .. Ian

Leaf spring fluid low? .. Doc

I discussed this issue with Marsh, over after a few glasses of Crown and a couple of doobies.....he said his second thought was....

"that nobody had the answer."

But he didn't want the NG to look stupid.. so he refrained from telling the poster.

.. Scrib ~takes a hit off the "home grown"... mmmmmm ....gotta share this with Marsh~

Reply to
Scrib Abell

You really should hide it better. Judging from his posts, I'd say Steve Cook has been getting in to your stash.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower