Swapping seats in a '99 K1500

Hey guys, I just wanted to check and make sure this was ok to do. I found a '99 Chevy K1500 Z71 (old body styly still) with 90K miles on it at the chevy dealer yesterday and it has the 60/40 bench seat in it and I asked
about having the seats swapped to bucket seats and adding the center console. The salesman said that he could do that but it would cost about $350 extra.. ok fine.. but I guess what I want to know is, should/would there be any problems doing the seat swap? I mean I'm not going to find my seat breaking loose from the floor one day while I'm braking hard am I? any other potential problems? I know this is kinda an odd question but I just want to make sure..
also he's asking $14,800.00 for the truck befor tax.. (that price includes the seat swap) I'm going to offer him $13,500 and start there to see what happens.. $16K is about all I can spend with TT&L and a warranty. and I'm gonna put $4000 down.
The great car buying game is on............
Adair
Seems like a high price for the truck to me. I bought a '99 K2500, 87K miles, last year for 11,500. Prices ARE differnent around the country, I'm in central Oklahoma, everyone and their brother have a pickup, so they are in high demand, but a large supply is available. You should be able to buy a 1/2 ton high mileage truck for less than $11K no matter where you are.
$350 sounds like a decent price for buckets and a console.
I was looking for a 60/40 style seat for my truck, can you keep yours and sell it to me (if the price/color is right?).

at
asked
doing
the

I'm
buy
Ed, I am in the Texas Panhandle, so we arn't more then 4-6 from each other I'm sure.. I'll find out if I can keep the seats and/or if it will cost more..The color of the seats are Gray. Would be cool If I could help ya out with that.. :) I know that it's a high price, so I hope I can talk him down.. I'm just going to start low and go from there and when I reach my max limit.. I'll stop and he can sell his over priced truck to some other idiot.
Adair
gray is perfect! cloth? good shape?
Ed
wrote in message

are
and
color

yes it is cloth, and if I remember correctly the seat was in very nice shape.. didn't look to worn at all..
Adair
Now we just need to work out a price, keep me posted...
How are the negotiations going with your salesman? Don't be afraid to "insult" the guy, I'm quite sure he's got pretty thick skin. For a '99 K1500 and 90K miles, I would offer about $9000, not pay more than $11500. Unless you absolutely need the truck now, you can always find another.
Ed
wrote in message

It's funny you say that about the price, both Nada and KBB say it's wroth $13-14K Trade in is around $10K Kinda got me wondering what I should offer him.
Adair
Well, like I said earlier, I got a '99 3/4 ton 4x4 with 87K miles for $11,500 in OKC. Took some shopping around, but it was doable. You can almost bet the dealer bought it at an auction and paid around $10K for it or took it as a trade for about the same. Give him a reasonable profit (you decide what's reasonable).
Ed
wrote in message

$11500.