Switch from automatic to standard

How much would it cost to switch from auto to standard? Would it be worth it or are there some things that highly maximize the automatic? I'me looking more for acceleration and high speeds than towing.

It would be a vast amount of money,effort and time for basically no gain on that '95 K1500. Your final drive ratios would remain the same. I'm assuming it's a 210HP TBI 350 in this. You'd be better off finding a parts truck (quite a few years will work) with 4.10 gears front and rear and swapping these for more acceleration performance. This, of course, also assumes the unit you have is a 3.42 or 3.73 unit and not already a 4.10.