Syphoning Gas From 08 'Burb?

Got almost a half tank of gas.

Went out to try to syphon 5 gallons out of the tank and it doesn't look to me like it's going to happen.

No matter how much I wiggle the syphon tube, I can't seem to get into gas. Even tried parking the vehicle on an angle.

Looking at the underside, I'm starting to think it's not possible to syphon from this thing.

Am I right? Or am I missing something?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Oops.... SHB "1998 'Burb".

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Good luck. That vehicle has an anti-roll over valve that is basically a floating ball in the fill tube. There is about 1/4" of room around the ball.

Reply to
Steve W.

I was wondering if I could get gas from my 07 lanch. Small tube... Have to try.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I dunno if my 95 2dr has a ball, but I need to turn the hose in like a screw to get it down into the tank.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Some time ago I put a "T" fitting on the gas line of my truck for just this purpose. If getting gas is going to be something you need to do you might consider that.

Reply to
Rick

Per Rick:

No need.

It's just that this thing is going to be sold soon and the tank if nearly full - and I'm so cheap that I didn't want to give away $120 worth of gas to some guy who low-balled me in to letting it go for $1,500 or so...

Best thing that could happen right now is that somebody steals it.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

This is a 98 correct? If so there should be a shrader valve under the hood on the fuel rail. If you have a fuel pressure gauge you could attach the line to that valve, pull the gauge off and use a jumper to the fuel pump test line to pump the gas out of the tank.

OR if you don't mind a bit more work, pull the fuel line off at the filter and stick a hose on the line. Then hook the jumper up and pump out the fuel.

Reply to
Steve W.