Tahoe autotrac fixed I Win

Ok, 3/8 drill bit and a #6 easy out did the trick. I didnt even come close to drilling through the plug. I picked up a plug at the dealer and theyve changed to a new plug which has a nice big head on it. Couple of last questions though,

What is the spring and hollow bullett looking thing in the drain plug and what is its function? I didnt expect that.

How much blue fluid should it take to refill it?? I only put about 1 and 1/3 quarts to fill. Not much came out when I emptied it but I figured it was low because the output shaft seal was leaking, which I replaced(41$ dealer) Didnt seem like much fluid going in. I also hear you should drive for a while and change the autotrac fluid a second time. Anyone else??

Thanks to everyone for you help. Tony

Reply to
Rokihora

Thanks Ian, I wish I had those pics the other day. what are those parts for and what do they do?? Also, how much blue should it take to fill the tcase. When filling it only took about a quart and a 1/3, didnt seem like much. I am going to drive it for a couple of days and change it again per the service bulliten. Thanks again Tony

Reply to
Rokihora

"Rokihora" wrote

Did you read both of my posts? Here is what I said:

The reason you didn't get the full 2 liters in.....is because you pulled the wrong drain plug. Now go drive it around for a bit, pull the "correct" drain plug, and when you refill, you should be able to get the full 2 liters in it.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai