Tail gate hinges

Does any one have any info about tailgate hinges for '99 chevy k2500. It seems that these are of reduced quality and fail. I would like to replace the failed ones. Having the tailgate fall off in the street wasn't the most
enjoyable thing about the truck.
There was a recall issued on the tailgate straps for that year. I also have a 99 and they replaced mine in about 5 minutes with no cost to me.

About the only way they can fall off is if the hinges or tail gates rusts out (or the bedd rustes out and warps ans increase the space between them and lets it fall out). There is no design flaw with them. You could just install too left side hinges so that you need a wrench to remove the Tgate if gate is bounce around a lot and jumping up and off. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Rusting out is what im talkin about. Now is there any way to replace the hinges? They have rusted out and failed. As for the cable straps that are under recall. If they didnt fail the hinges would still rust out and need replacement. Hinge part bolted to truck bed can be removed and or replaced. The hinge part secured to tailgaye are bolted and welded in.

That is a horse of a different color. That is going to take a new tail gate or some welding. I spray the area wil heavy oil a few times a year to prevent rust from getting a hold on it to begin with and rustproofed tail gate too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

http://www.knotandrope.com/specials.htm
unless you're out to impress someone.....if so, then do a repost and i'll give you a few more OEM specific offerings to look at.
~:~ MarshMonster ~pulls the string....the windshield clears......rainy day driving...man what a bummer~ ~:~

Hey! Won't he need this too? http://www.knotandrope.com/knotcards.htm
Hee heee heee
How's it going Marsh?
Brian