Tail gate hinges

Does any one have any info about tailgate hinges for '99 chevy k2500. It seems that these are of reduced quality and fail. I would like to replace the failed ones. Having the tailgate fall off in the street wasn't the most enjoyable thing about the truck.

Reply to
Frank

racin71

About the only way they can fall off is if the hinges or tail gates rusts out (or the bedd rustes out and warps ans increase the space between them and lets it fall out). There is no design flaw with them. You could just install too left side hinges so that you need a wrench to remove the Tgate if gate is bounce around a lot and jumping up and off.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Reply to
Frank

That is a horse of a different color. That is going to take a new tail gate or some welding. I spray the area wil heavy oil a few times a year to prevent rust from getting a hold on it to begin with and rustproofed tail gate too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

========= =========

here........

unless you're out to impress someone.....if so, then do a repost and i'll give you a few more OEM specific offerings to look at.

~:~ MarshMonster ~pulls the string....the windshield clears......rainy day driving...man what a bummer~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Hey! Won't he need this too?

Hee heee heee