Tailgate Locks

Are any of the tailgate locks out there worth a darn, if so who makes the best working/looking one, and where would be a good place to buy one. I am on my first GMC truck, a 1999 sierra, and i would like to know some
good mail order sites.
Thanks for you help
I bouht a Bully Dog tailgate lock from J.C. Whitney that installs inside the tailgate and comes with a new outside plastic bezel with a keyhole for the lock cylinder. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it about a 4 at best. It's only designed to keep out honest people, and anyone who knows can easily defeat it because the plastic bezel (both the replacemant one and the factory one) simply pop out to reveal the guts of the latch mechanism. Unless you can find a unit that is completely independent of the latch inside the tailgate, then this is a weakness.
Whitney's also sell the type of tailgate lock that is freestanding and pops onto the tailgate handle from the outside. I've never had one or even seen one up close, but they might be better although a little more inconvenient because it's a separate peice. The other one they offer is an internal unit that is powered by the power door locks in your truck. More convenient but I've not seen one first hand to know just how secure it is.
The question at this point is are you looking to secure the stuff you have in the bed or prevent someone from stealing your tailgate? If you want to make your tailgate harder to steal, take a stainless steel hose clamp and put it around the bung on the right side of the tailgate where it pivots. This is the end that you must lift up to remove the tailgate, and if there is a clamp around the bung then you can't lift it up off the pivot. Not impossible to overcome, but if you rotate the clamp so the screw head is not accessible and use a small wrench to tighten it up instead of a flathead screwdriver then it will be damn inconvenient for a thief to get your tailgate off. He would need a small open-end wrench of exactly the right size - an adjustable wrench or socket won't fit. I learned this trick from my insurance agent.
Cheers - Jonathan

i have the bully BUT i made it so the pastic wont pop off i have had NO probs with it at all
How did you make it so the plastic won't pop off?
Thanks
used 3m tape and poxy behind it, i mean if you really pull hard or even pry, it will pop off, BUT hell if you are going to steal a tail gate what good is it if you damage it
I put a power POP-LOCK on my 2000 Sierra first when I bought it in 2000. i like it. It works great. I still have my gate. Not stolen "Yet". I bought it from a local off-road shop. You can buy them on-line form any truck site.