Taillights stay on

1990 Chevy 350 TBI. My brake lights sometimes stay on when I leave the vehicle. Many times I have to pull the brake pedal to get them to come off. This am I know the lights weren't on last night when I went to bed but they
were on this am when I woke up???
Any ideas??? Is there a part I need to replace
Thanks in Advance
Steve wrote:

Steve:
There should be a small button switch mounted in the Cab
At the base of the Steering Column....
The Brake pedal should contact this electrical switch....
Either the slide button is worn or the Switch is
out of alignment or vertical adjustment...
Should be fixable...
a loose hinge/spring on the brake pedal lever perhaps causing the weight of the pedal to depress onto a sensor for the lights?

like one of the other guys said... faulty brake light switch...it mounts on the sterring column or a bracket close to it. YOu should be able to see it when you move the brake pedal by hand... Small white plastic looking deal with a plunger type device that actuates off the movement of the brake pedal.

--
elbert.clarke@**us.army.mil
remove the ** to email