tbi 350 engine running weird

Put a tbi 350 with wiring in my 81 chev truck rolls over a lot before starting, then runs weird as in idles weird then, does like a surge up and down from 600rpm to 800 and so on then seems to run okay and I think it is
done with.. Next day restart.. and it either runs good or runs worse and the same thing. No check engine light, new intake gaskets, throttle body gasket, o2 sensor temp sensor.. Any advice ?.. It almost seems like the computer is forgetting it's mprogramming day to day...or timing is constantly trying to adjust itself.. I have tried 3 computers etc.. All the advice I get is buy a scan tool (which without check engine light on) is a waste of money.., yes the check engine light is working.., 2. I get the "drive it as the computer needs to tune itself" I heard this motor run before I bought it and it didn't do this at all.. Thanx in advance.
oh new plugs, (delco 43's) wires, ESC module, cap and distributor.

IS the computer hooked up to live power all the time? Also it sounds like a problem with the ICS (Idle Control Solenoid) because a problem with it can cause RPM to hunt around for a while at a idle.
----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Changed the Idle control thing has been changed from a truck I heard before I got used parts from.. and no matter which of the 3 I have , it still does the same thing....How do I chck for fulltime power ?.. I assume I put a test light in the slot where the ecm fuse is ?...or is there a wire on the harness (or in the plug connector I can check with the key off ?. Thanx

EGR valve is not working.. maybe it is causing some issues..

This will not effect idle unless it is stuck open. ECM fuse should always be hot. Also a vacum leak can cause a erratic adle as well and ECM has to monitor engine RPM as well to control ICS. Try starting it up with ICS unplugged and see if idle speed is stable or not. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Well I replaced the egr valve.. and seent he IAC sensor was loose so I tightened it and yes broke the f*****g thing.. BUT good thing I did as when I replaced the throttle body, I was hooking the tps sensor back up and it didn't go in very well so I looked at it and BINGO !!!! crushed ground pin.. Problem solved.. I replaced the plug and it runs like new !!! :) Thax for all the advice and emails..