TBI and MPI heads

will the 1996 and up heads fit the 87 to 95 TBI, I have heard the intake pattern is incorrect and the cooling flow has the same flow. I am guessing that a 1996 MPI will not work with TBI, which I would like
to keep it simple with the stock TBI and a Edelbrock intake manifold.
On 13 Dec 2003 09:09:20 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca (pedro) wrote:

the vortec heads will bolt up to a TBI block, however as you already know the intake manifold bolt pattern changed in '96. GMPP sells a TBI for Vortec manifold for about $400, allowing you to use the much superior Vortec head and retain the TBI. Edelbrock doesn't make a TBI manifold that will work with Vortec heads.
-Bret
(pedro) wrote:

Found this very interesting sight on cast iron vortec heads
http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/howto/97458 /