TBI fuel pump for carbs?

Hey Guys,

I put a carberated 350 in my 89 sierra 4x4. I bought a holley bypass style fuel pressure regulator because I was planning on using the existing fuel pump thats in the tank already. Will that fuel pump work for me?

Reply to
snay

Shep

I would set it at 5 to 6 PSI (no more than 6)

SnoMan

Reply to
Shep

Gee shep, I have had trucks with carbs over 100 on 5.5 PSI. If you need more fuel you increase the feed line size to carb, not the pressure as it shortens needle seat life. More is not always better on pressure with a carb.

SnoMan

Reply to
Shep