Temp gauge part2

Today, the guage got up to 210 before the end of the driveway - about 300', maybe.
A-freeze bubbled out the rad cap when it was cold, as well. What would
cause this? I didn't think it would do that unless it was hot.
I was able to add about half a gallon of coolant this morning to the radiator, though.
Does someone have advice on this?
thank you, Snowman
head casket?
you mean from a stone cold start to the end of your dirveway you hit above 210?
I woulld have to guess a cracked head, block or blown head casket.
But even if the thermostat "locked close" the vehicle should not get that hot so quick.... I would fist make sure the thermostat is working and you are pulling enough air across the radiator....
Verify operation of thermostat then start looking at other areas I mentioned. See if you can do a pressure check on the coolant system.
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:55:23 -0400, "Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote:

--
Elbert Clarke
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net