Temperature sending unit

I have a 1991 S10 Blazer and the temp gauge does'nt work.I cannot find a sensor at a parts store or dealer that has the right connection for the unit .The unit that they say is the unit will no way hook up.The sending unit is on the left side of the engine as you look at it , inthe miidle of the block.Can anyone give advice?

Reply to
tugboat

Shep

Reply to
tugboat

hey tugboat-call a local GM dealer and ask for a temp. SENDER for your year, model, 4.3l z engine, I believe you said(z engine is the 8th digit of your vin-z- and designates throttle body). This to a GM dealer(as well as most others part houses) should be a piece of cake. I truely believe that GM calls the gauge sender a sender and the temp. sensor for the computer is called a sensor.(two separate units mounted in two separate areas with 2 separate functions-one to report to the gauge and one to report to the computer). They should have no problem with that. If you have further problems write back and say so...I'll get you the GM number you need. I have it in stock on my shelf but I'm at home currently and not at the shop! Merry snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

Shep wrote:

Reply to
jerry

dennis-tugboat or? did some research and if you've got(probably) one wire to the t/sender you need GM # (or equiv.)#25036807-ACDelco #213-70. If you've got a 2 wire sender(doubt it) you need a GM #

25037332(ACDELCO #213-77). That should do it unless someone has screwed up the wires to it(doubt it but...) Anywho....good luck, Merry Christmas and now back to my problems...let me know-and probably GO Packers!(right???)jp

tugboat wrote:

Reply to
jerry