Testing Spindles

How the heck would a person check a spindle for wear... especially when/if they 'look' fine? Thanks, GC

Reply to
GC

Spindle on what? Should we assume you mean a 4X4 front spindle? If so, the only place I've found wear is at the inner bearing. Just drag a fingernail across it and you will feel a ridge. Or, clean the race and the spindle, slide the race on and see if it wobbles. It should be nice and snug.

Al

Reply to
Big Al