The A/C in my Blazer Is on the blink

The compressor for my A/C turns on and off all the time, sometimes I get cold air but most of the time I don't. I bought a can of 134-a re-charge that has a guage on it, and when I hook it up, it reads 'over charged'.
Would my system being over charged cause this type of problem?

Was the truck running when you had it hooked up to the low-side service port? Ten bucks says it wasn't.......................
Doc
I'll send you my address. I not only had it running but it was on high just like the instructions said. That is also how I discovered the compressor was turning on and off.

Not yet poncho (with the address)...................what was the RPM level? You should test low and high-sides @ 2000K RPM or so.
Regards,
Doc

Hmmmm........2 million rpm's? That must be some engine. ;-) H

Awwww shucks, you know what I meant! Besides, the gauges on those cans are worse than worthless. If he's using that as a guide he'll never get it anywhere even close to ideal..........
Doc
Yes, if it has a "High Pressure Safety Switch".
Jabs