The Windshield & Rearview Mirror Saga

My son through a baseball in the car knocking the rearview mirror off the windshield.

Now get this... The adhesive between the baseplate and the windshield did not fail; the glass did.

To be accurate, 2/3 of the adhesive between the baseplate and the windshield did fail, but 1/3 did not resulting in a dime-size piece of windshield still attached to the baseplate.

I assume the best adhesive to re-attach the baseplate-to- windshield surface is still rearview mirror adhesive, but what is the best adhesive to re-attach the glass-to-glass surface?

Thanks!

Joe Colella snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Joe Colella