Thermostat

I will be changing the thermostat in my '97 Blazer 4x4 this weekend. Do I need to use some kind of sealant with the gasket or is the gasket alone good
enough. If anyone has any tips on how to make this a smooth project I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Our 2000 did not have a gasket. Just an o-ring. I'd be surprised if yours is not the same. No goop was necessary. I have always used non hardening permatex on the ones that had gaskets.
Dan

Colorado Springs, CO My advice may be worth what you paid for it.