Thermostat location

Where is the thermostat location on a '97 Blazer 4x4? Also, what should be the normal temp. reading on the temp. gauge? Thanks in advance.

T-stat is in a housing at the engine end of the upper radiator hose. My 2000 S-10 reads just to the ight of the mark 1/2 way between the bottom of the scale and the 210 mark. Engine has a 195 t-stat, so this is about normal..
Thanks Mike. Can you tell me what size socket I need to remove it. I don't think I have one the correct size. Thanks.
wrote:

be
That I'm not sure of. I haven't worked on this truck much, only had it a month.

If it is a S blazer they are probably 13mm bolts in the T-stat housing. If it is full size (Tahoe) it is probably 15 mm.
wrote:

should