This just keeps getting better and better...

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If I can bore a hole about an inch in diameter I should be able to get the drill extension + bit down there and still (somewhat) see what I'm doing.

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

MikeG

One of the best penetrating oils on the market. Google it. Getting sophisticated, soak the opening with it, and then use a reverse drill bit, a bit that is designed to drill in reverse, sometimes you get lucky and between the lubricant, and the heat generated by drilling, the bit grabs and the broken part backs out.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

That's what I'll try then... I just need to locate the best spot to drill the hole in the floor. I'll see if I can pick up some of this PB Blaster tomorrow.

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

==============

yer kidding.............

yer not reeeelly think'n of try'n this........

are you???????????????????????????

rotflmfao........

^^

00 L O

S T O P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't do this thing yer fix'n to do...........

why...???????

i have two words fer you..........

fuel line..........lmao

listen JP,

you're better off jabbing that TV cable in with a wad of some reeeelly good silicone on the end of it and hoping it holds up for 6 months or so without causing you a problem, than attempting to drill a ONE INCH hole in yer floor board and then.......................

well shit .........that's so damn funny i can't even finish the scenario...............rotfflmfao.............

you guys are too silly .........

the one that reccomended it and .........the one that's fix'n to try it............lmao.......

(all this laughing is with you.....not at you) (well....maybe some of its at you) lmao

THE FOLLOWING MAY POSSIBLY BE A CONVINCING ARGUMENT A G A I N S T TRYING THIS........

so.....yer gonna drill this one inch hole in the floor board.

hopefully.....over the exact spot over the tranny that you need to drill and extract a reeeeelly, fairly, small broken bolt from.

using a ONE FOOT long 1/8 drill bit.........

rotflmao........

can you say............wobbly bit.....lol

can you say........foobar.........lol

can you invision......maybe......a behive'd floor board.

DON"T do this thing yer think'n of do'n JP......

yuuuuuuulllllll beeeeee sorrrrrrrrryyyy

OTHER COMENTARY The bolt does not go all the way through the case. There will be an embossed area to identify the spot however. Center punch the area and drill away. It will NOT be a quick, easy thing to do.....so take yer time, center punch it with a sharp punch, use a tiny drill bit to start out with, then step up to the right drill bit. IT CAN BE DONE....if you're patient and don't try to take short cuts...and understand yer gonna spend about an hour getting the job done IF you have the tools and supplies.

like i stated in my other post...... I've used all the methods I posted for you, and have accomplished a workable repair with each one.

the silicone trick will last for about 6 months for you if you use that Mopar silicone from the dealership and aren't 4-wheeling alot in the mud and rocks............. just hyway driving.

you decide if you can live with having to crawl back under there that often.......never know when some slobs gonna sideswipe you and take all the worry off yer shoulders anywho.

~:~ Marsh Monster ~grabs his silicone.........another cheap custimer needs serving~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

.......OK

Understood...

See...This is crucial info. And I don't recall seeing it anywhere else in this thread...THANKS!

The only reason I was considering doing it from the top was to avoid going all the way through the case. But I suppose drilling from underneath would be the lesser of two evils. If there is in fact an area to indicate where the bolt *would* come through then that will make drilling from the bottom MUCH easier.

I just need to run over to Home Depot or Sears and find a good sharp punch as you've suggested, and then an appropriate bolt to fill the new spot and a matching tap. I'd say it's likely that the existing bolt will not come out without a fight, and even more than likely I will have to go to a bigger sized bolt. I can deal with that.

I will NOT try coating the area with silicon and hope that it stays put!

Thanks,

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens